Demand for taxi booking apps has increased significantly over the last few years and is anticipated to continue to do so in coming future.
Taxi booking is an established and profitable business niche. Many budding entrepreneurs are embracing this business idea to meet local and visitor demand for travel. When investing in these taxi app development projects, however, they must pay a set amount for app development.
Do you want to know how much it will costs to develop a taxi app similar to Karwa and what goes into developing one?
In this blog, we’ll simplify the highly complicated taxi app development process like karwa by breaking it into smaller steps, including market research, necessary features, staged development planning, and cost estimation.
Why should businesses invest in taxi app development in 2023?
The number of app-based taxi services has increased significantly during the previous ten years. They provide customized services to meet the needs of particular geographical areas. In the next couple of years, it’s predicted that user penetration will increase, and online channels will be used to order 60% of all cab rides worldwide.
Now, let’s check some key market stats:
- In 2022, it is expected that the ride-hailing and taxi market will generate US$276.40 billion in revenue.
- Revenue is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.51% from 2022 to 2027, with a projected market size of US$378.80 billion.
- By 2027, there will be 1,452.8 million users in the ride-hailing and taxi industry.
- It is anticipated that the ARPU will be US$216.10.
- By 2027, online sales will account for 55% of all revenue in the ride-hailing and taxi market.
Seeing the market potential, presently, there are so many players already in the market; amongst them, Karwa is one of the most prevalent ones!
Moving ahead, let’s discuss,
What is Karwa App?
Users can access taxi services as soon as possible by using the Karwa Taxi App on their devices. Customers gain from the application by increasing the availability of taxis and the quality of the service because the application has features for even viewing the fares charged for each trip. Anyone with a smartphone might download the app and use the services in accordance with their needs.
Apart from the above, karwa taxi app also offers the followings:-
- Before booking, get an estimated fare.
- Obtain the projected cost for each type of service.
- Reservations are free of additional fees
- Receive reminders when your ride is over, your ride arrives, and your driver is assigned.
- Track the car you’ve been given.
- Keep track of all your limo and taxi reservations
- Rate your travels, taking into account the driver, vehicle, and service.
- Get e-bills for all of your rides.
- For simple booking, manage your preferred venues.
- Rebook the same dates as before
As you’ve seen an overview of Karwa Taxi app! Now, let’s move forward and discuss,
Top essential features of taxi apps like Karwa!
It’s time to consider the taxi app’s features now. Whether you’re designing an app, the functionality you require will typically vary. The following elements, however, are essential for any taxi app development. Have a look:
- Login/signup – Offering a variety of signup options is preferable. An account can be made, for example, using an email address, phone details, or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. It is necessary to validate the account and include the “Forgot password” option to make the app more user-friendly.
- Push notifications – For user engagement, push notifications are helpful. What should you inform them of? It could depend on a chance to receive a discount, fresh, intriguing features, new app updates, etc.
- Trip details – You must provide them with an estimate of the cost of their trip in order to gain their trust and uphold transparency. Before making a reservation, travelers prefer to get a general idea of their journey. Before users finalize the ride, information about the many taxi options, their prices, projected ride times, and driver locations will present them with their choices.
- Select vehicle type – It’s crucial to consider the option to choose a specific vehicle when booking a transport. You can provide a variety of rides and vehicles, such as luxury rides, mini rides, local or auto rickshaws, ride-sharing, and two-wheeler rides. The cost varies depending on the ride.
- Payment modes – There are several ways to accomplish this. Since digital payments are becoming more and more common, integrating them into your taxi app development like Karwa must be a major expense. Your app should be able to accept payments made through bank cards, credit and debit cards, mobile wallets, net banking, and plain cash.
- Accept/reject rides – Only drivers have access to this functionality. If they receive two reservations at once, they can accept or reject any of them. If the drivers decline, customers cannot book the ride. Without this feature, a taxi booking app development project is lacking. Additionally, the drivers have a choice of nearby or distant orders.
- Route tracking – This feature allows users to scan the route while in a cab. Users can always keep track of where they are in their cabs, giving them peace of mind while moving around in a secure setting. If customers discover they are taking a different route, they can stop their trip and notify the administrator of the problem.
- Geolocation – One of a Taxi Booking Application’s most expensive features is this one. Geolocation is nowadays a need for any taxi app development. App developers interact with various digital map technologies to add amazing Geolocation capabilities to their apps.
- Schedule rides – Customers can reserve taxi services using this feature. Customers must specify the time and place; following the booking; a driver will be assigned depending on the information provided. After booking, a confirmation email will be delivered to the user’s inbox.
As you’ve seen, the must-have features that you need to consider during taxi app development like Karwa. Now, let’s move forward and discuss,
How to develop a taxi app like Karwa?
To begin with, developing a taxi app like Karwa takes much planning and preliminary work, including:
#1. Do a market research
Now is the moment to determine whether your suggestion for a taxi app is original. You must clarify how you will stand out from the competition to avoid being lost in the crowd. Let’s start by examining your audience. Next, begin by posing the following questions to yourself:
- Which aspects needs to be improved?
- How might your customized taxi app help with that problem?
- How can we improve total client satisfaction?
Your market and competition research, timeframe, budget, and other vital areas are also important.
#2. Design UI/UX
It’s crucial to make an excellent first impression. People will only download a taxi app if it is straightforward, attractive, and easy to use. Again, user-friendliness is paramount when it comes to design. At the same time, all users should benefit from the engaging sound and vibrant images.
#3. Choose the right tech stack
The technical stack is the main aspect to consider in this situation. Building a taxi app like Karwa requires a variety of tools and methods. The developers and app owners must pay for these tools and strategies as well. A taxi booking app’s technical stack is made up of a backend tool, a frontend tool, a database, a cloud server, a GPS API, a payment gateway, etc.
#4. Start the development
Rather than employing predefined templates, we advise engaging a reputable taxi booking app development company to build native apps from the ground – up. It will guarantee that your application has optimized settings for each operating system and that it runs well on all of them. Typically, you need three connected parts:
- User panel – This part was made for passengers; thus it should have user-friendly functions. Depending on the platforms and technologies you choose, it will require between 800 and 1000 hours of effort.
- Drivers panel – Due to the fact that their needs are different from those of a consumer, drivers and partners will each see the app differently. Plan 400 – 800 hours for this module when budgeting for your taxi app development.
- Admin panel – This is for managing and keeping track of every app user (i.e., drivers and passengers). You may perform analytics and generate reports with the aid of this solution, which will assist you in organizing promotions, marketing campaigns, and your overall strategy.
#5. Build a team
You require a taxi app development team to build custom apps for iOS and Android platforms. To complete your project, you will need the following specialists:
- Android app developers
- iOS app developers
- UI/UX designers
- QA testers
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
#6. Test your app
It’s time to test your app’s flow and user experience once you’ve created use cases and wireframes for it. You’ll be able to identify the subjects where you need to put in more effort by testing. The user’s journey from installing the app to completing the task can be tested by distributing your taxi app like karwa, to your workmates.
#7. Choose the suitable monetization model
Before releasing the taxi app to the public, you must choose its monetization plan after developing and testing it. How Can A Taxi Booking App Like Karwa Be Profitable? Here are a few effective examples:
- Commission – It is the most well-known and typical approach to profit from a taxi booking app. The concept is essential. As this app connects the driver with the customers, the app owners here charge a tiny percentage of commission from a driver on each fare. It is a tried-and-true procedure that is fair and secure in every way.
- Freemium model – You can charge for all the premium or advanced features while making your app’s basic features available for free. It might have certain unique qualities, such as the ones stated above. However, the freemium version should only be used after carefully examining user behavior.
- Pre-booking charges – Some apps allow users to schedule appointments in advance, ensuring that the driver will show up at the specified time. To put this into action, the chosen driver must confirm their attendance at the sot and cancel any upcoming requests during that time.
- Ads – It is a typical method of making money using any app, not just a copy of a taxi booking app. App owners can permit relevant advertisers to display their adverts to the platform’s logged-in users. You have the option of billing the advertisers per click or for the entire duration of the advertisement.
How much does it will cost to develop a taxi app like Karwa?
A reliable application that works on all platforms and devices is what makes for an excellent taxi booking app. The app’s budget must be carefully maintained from the beginning because going over the specified amount could lead to losses and a subpar application. You must therefore be aware of the crucial factors that affect the Karwa like taxi app development costs.
The following variables affect the price:
- The application’s difficulty
- The app’s platform
- Features you want to incorporate
- Hired taxi app development company
- Tech stack used, and many more.
The features you implement in each of these panels will ultimately determine how much will karwa like taxi app development will cost. The price of developing, testing, delivering, resolving bugs, maintaining, branding, and marketing will be added to this.
But if you still want a ballpark figure, developing an app will set you back between $30000 and $200,000 in total. However, pricing varies depending on the features you want in your app and the demographics of the users it serves.
A taxi booking app like Karwa should have a straightforward layout and MVP in the early years after entry. It can help you develop a great business at a lower cost and with more users. By considering a highly skilled taxi app development company, you may reduce your app development costs. You can receive superior project assistance from these companies’ knowledgeable developers and project managers.
Alternatively, if your business doesn’t have a customized taxi app, you’re probably losing out handsomely to your competitors. To start enjoying the benefits right away, get a mobile taxi app today. Even though it’s never simple, creating a customized taxi app is usually a rewarding endeavor.